Impact of COVID-19
Following our previous communications, we would like to provide you with a further update in relation to our preparations and handling of the COVID-19 outbreak. Saint-Gobain Abrasives continues to adhere to guidelines from government authorities related to the containment of COVID-19, with our main priority being the safety and wellbeing of our staff and customers.
Updates on Shipments
We have completed a number of risk assessments with our teams, in line with Government advice and have taken appropriate actions to minimise risks to colleagues
Our production plants continue to work to support all customer demands, with some plants working restricted hours - as a result, a number of product lines will now have extended delivery lead times. For further details, please contact our Customer Service Team, or alternatively, contact your local sales representative for support.
We Are Here to Support You
We will continue to support you as best we can during this time, but if you are aware of any items that are deemed critical for your business, we recommend that you contact us as soon as possible to discuss your requirements. This will help us to do all that we can to maintain our supply to you, under these challenging circumstances.
Please be assured that we will notify you without undue delay if, despite our efforts, our supply capabilities should be further affected by this crisis.
Customer site visits are now possible if the visit is deemed essential and correct social distancing rules must be adhered to along with wearing appropriate PPE. If you would like to arrange a visit, then please contact your local sales representative, or alternatively, contact our Customer Service Team.
We are continuing to ship orders on a 48-hour service to support our transport partners - if you require an urgent shipment, then please contact us and we will do everything we can to support you.
How to Contact Us
Our Customer Service Team is here to support you and to answer any questions you may have.
Please don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Services Team as normal on 01785 279 553 or email email@example.com. We will also be operating under our usual office hours:
Monday to Thursday - 8:30am to 5:00pm
Friday - 8:30am to 4:30pm
Can I Still Place Orders?
You can still place orders as normal. Orders can also be placed online via MyAbrasives, 24-hours a day, 7 days a week.
Please contact your local Sales Representative or Key Account Manager for any additional support or queries and we are actively encouraging customers to continue ongoing communication via telephone, email or web conferences.
We appreciate your continued understanding in these uncertain times.
How We Are Protecting Our Employees and Customers
Saint-Gobain Abrasives has already implemented measures to protect our employees and customers from the spread of COVID-19.
These include, but are not limited to:
- Home working for all colleagues who are able to conduct their work remotely
- Regular training and briefings on stringent hygiene practices
- Posters and information on COVID-19 and hygiene practices being displayed and available to read across all sites
- Availability of additional hand washing equipment and hand sanitiser gels
- Visitor restrictions to our UK sites, which includes employees who are able to work remotely
- Segregated areas for delivery drivers, with facilities that include hand washing areas and sanitation being provided
- Social distancing at all times for all essential employees still working onsite
- Warehouse teams working segregated shifts
- Creation of separate canteen areas for segregated shifts
- Separate and dedicated machinery and equipment for each segregated shift
- Staggered lunch breaks to increase social distancing
- Staggered start and finish times for shifts, to aid with social distancing
- Social distancing measures in lockers rooms and near clocking on and off machines
- Enforcement of web meetings – or in cases where this isn’t possible for colleagues working onsite, a maximum limit on the number of people attending a site meeting, where social distancing and hygiene practices must be followed at all times
- Routine cleaning of warehouse machinery and equipment after each use and at the end of each shift
- Enhanced thorough and regular deep cleaning of all areas
- Online support and wellbeing activities for all employees