Impact of COVID-19
Following our previous communications, we would like to provide you with a further update in relation to our preparations and handling of the COVID-19 outbreak. Saint-Gobain Abrasives continues to adhere to guidelines from government authorities related to the containment of COVID-19, with our main priority being the safety and wellbeing of our staff and customers.
Updates on Shipments
As the increasingly stringent lockdowns and associated measures imposed by governments around Europe continue, all of which are outside of our direct control - these measures have resulted in some of our manufacturing facilities having to temporarily close. The effects of these temporary closures will mean that some delivery lead times will be extended.
We believe that the impact of the COVID-19 outbreak and associated plant closures, constitutes a force majeure event.
We Are Here to Support You
Despite this, we will continue to support you as best we can during this time, but if you are aware of any items that are deemed critical for your business, we recommend that you contact us as soon as possible to discuss your requirements. This will help us to do all that we can to maintain our supply to you, under these challenging circumstances.
We are working closely with our transport providers and in order to relieve some stress in the supply chains, we have decided to ship all goods on a 48-hour service until further notice.
Our teams are working from home where possible and we continue to facilitate social distancing in our UK distribution centre, so that we can operate to the best of our ability during the current level of lockdown in the UK. We will monitor the situation, take further actions as required (where we are able) and will issue further communications to you in due course. Please be assured that we will notify you without undue delay if, despite our efforts, our supply capabilities should be further affected by this crisis.
How to Contact Us
Our Customer Service Team is here to support you and to answer any questions you may have.
Please don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Services Team as normal on 01785 279 553 or email email@example.com. We will also be operating under our usual office hours:
Monday to Thursday - 8:30am to 5:00pm
Friday - 8:30am to 4:30pm
Can I Still Place Orders?
You can still place orders as normal. Orders can also be placed online via MyAbrasives, 24-hours a day, 7 days a week.
Please contact your local Sales Representative or Key Account Manager for any additional support or queries and we are actively encouraging customers to continue ongoing communication via telephone, email or web conferences.
We appreciate your continued understanding in these uncertain times.
How We Are Protecting Our Employees and Customers
Saint-Gobain Abrasives has already implemented measures to protect our employees and customers from the spread of COVID-19.
These include, but are not limited to:
- Home working for all colleagues who are able to conduct their work remotely
- Regular training and briefings on stringent hygiene practices
- Posters and information on COVID-19 and hygiene practices being displayed and available to read across all sites
- Availability of additional hand washing equipment and hand sanitiser gels
- Visitor restrictions to our UK sites, which includes employees who are able to work remotely
- Segregated areas for delivery drivers, with facilities that include hand washing areas and sanitation being provided
- Social distancing at all times for all essential employees still working onsite
- Warehouse teams working segregated shifts
- Creation of separate canteen areas for segregated shifts
- Separate and dedicated machinery and equipment for each segregated shift
- Staggered lunch breaks to increase social distancing
- Staggered start and finish times for shifts, to aid with social distancing
- Social distancing measures in lockers rooms and near clocking on and off machines
- Enforcement of web meetings – or in cases where this isn’t possible for colleagues working onsite, a maximum limit on the number of people attending a site meeting, where social distancing and hygiene practices must be followed at all times
- Routine cleaning of warehouse machinery and equipment after each use and at the end of each shift
- Enhanced thorough and regular deep cleaning of all areas
- Online support and wellbeing activities for all employees